Sunday, November 15, 2015

What I'm Reading Saturday - The Scorch Trials

Book Review: The Scorch Trials - by James Dashner

I'm going to be honest. It took me four tries to get through this book. Now, that might have been because I was borrowing it from my e-library, which has a very annoying two-week limit. Often, I finish books within a week. The Scorch Trials took me closer to eight. It definitely wasn't as good as the Maze runner, I thought, and I think that was because this book focused less on Character and more on plot. The mystery is coming out pretty slowly at this point, but there is a lot of action. So if you love action, this is probably for you.


I will read the rest of this series, but that kind of because they are making the movies and I'm the kind of person that has to read the books before watching the show. Now I'm free to finally go and watch The Scorch Trials movie. Dashner also has a very appealing writing style, in that he writes books that are paced well and easy to follow, making them a low-stress read, which I sometimes crave in my busy life.

Thomas is a compelling character, but I would love to see and learn more of some of the others. Maybe this will happen in the later books.

4/5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment