Saturday, March 19, 2016

What I'm Reading Saturday: Throne of Glass

A YA Book Review: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

I had been hearing about this series forever, but hadn't even read the back cover. Finally, after requesting it through my ebook library, I got it following a four month wait. Obviously a popular book. Well, I didn't have enough time to finish the book during my two week loan period, but I was so into it when my loan ran out that I bought it.



What I liked about this book was the overarching mystery, and also the semi-anti-hero main character. However, I did have a slight problem with the main character being an Assassin, yet you never see this in action in the book. Instead, she spends a lot of time wearing dresses...

That said, it's still a good,  solid, epic fantasy book. Which you don't see a lot of in the YA world, at least in my opinion. I've read that this is loosely based on Cinderella, but I didn't see that at all. Except for maybe the castle and the dresses. Celaena is definitely not cinderella, but a tough, young woman who has had a very difficult life so far.

I'm hoping for good progression in the following book. And, as usual for me, I'm hoping things get a lot darker.

I like dark.

I like it a lot.

4/5 Stars.

Other Book Reviews:


J. E. Hunter is the author of the Black Depths Series. Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch, and Black Depths, the first two books of the series can be found on AmazonKoboiBooksBarnes and Noble, and Smashwords. The third book, Dark Shores, will be released March 28th, 2016. The fourth and last book of the Black Depths series will be released by the end of 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment