Tuesday, August 12, 2014

First Every Writing Con &...

I went to my first ever writing convention this past weekend in Calgary.  And it was Awesome! Not only did I get to meet Brandon Sanderson, one of my favourite writers, I went to some interesting sessions and did my first every in-person pitch to an editor at one of the big five.  Needless to say, she didn't pick up my book.  While I hoped she would, I was realistic that it was just not her thing.

But I learnt so much.  Not just from the pitch session, but from the Live Action Slush Sessions, and from Brandon Sanderson himself.  When Words Collide was a great experience and I definitely want to do again, next year, and every year after!  If you're a writer and haven't tried one yet, I recommend you do.  You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment