Saturday, September 1, 2012

Writing Weekend 2012

So this weekend I would normally participate in the 3-Day Novel Writing Contest, which is a great source of inspiration for writers aspiring or otherwise.  If you've never heard of it you can check it out here:  http://www.3daynovel.com/

But this year I'm not writing a novel, I'm re-writing one. Specifically for Agent X who requested some changes and a re-submittal.  My goal this weekend is to keep my but in the chair until are the changes are made.  Currently, I'm on chapter 15.  I think there are 27 chapters, so this put me a teeny bit more than halfway through.  I want to get finished today, which is going to make for a very long day.  Realistically, I won't be done until the end of the long weekend - hence why I'm naming this writing weekend 2012.

In order to keep myself motivated, I've brought home the following treats as rewards:  Kernels popcorn, chocolates, and this wonderful breakfast that I just went for a morning walk to retrieve.  It's a whole wheat scone with dates and nuts from my local bakery (which I have deliciously coated in butter, a handfull of raspberries (which I picked up at the grocery store), and a cup of Lady Jane Grey tea (which was a gift from a friend - whom I'm very grateful for).  I've attached a picture so you can drool too:


One thing I noticed on my walk to the bakery this morning, was how eerily quiet the streets are on a Saturday.  But maybe that's a blog for another time.  Today I need to get re-writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment