Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Priceless Original

Writing Weekend 2012 was an amazing success!  I got through the rest of the rewrites for Tales!  It's been a long hard road, and hopefully I'm approaching the end.  At the very least, I'm approaching a nice, wooden, two-story, solidly built inn with soft, feather beds, and serving delicious bowls of hot lamb stew.  I think I will rest here for a while.  Well, after I do another read-through and edit and send the umpteenth draft of my novel to agent X.

The big milestone had me remembering back to when I finished the first draft in 2009.  WOW.  That was a long time ago.  After I finished, I did a rewrite, then I did another, and another, and...you get the drift.  I took a picture of the first draft I printed out.  There it is sitting pretty in the binder, waiting for my red pen to mark up all the pages.  This last edit I did completely on my computer, which really got me thinking about how I best like to edit, rewrite, read, and write.  I'm pretty sure I like a combination of both paper and plasma....hmmmm....not sure if computer screens are plasma....but either way, I'm sure you get my drift.

What's your favourite way to do each writerly activity?

Oh lookie, here she is all shiny and RED!





No comments:

Post a Comment