Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday is not equal to Tuesday

Though they do both end in Y.

Apologies to my scores of fans! I meant to post Tuesday, but after a long week of Real Work (you know - the stuff that I get paid for), I let my goal slide. But I'm making it up today. However, lack of real energy means that all I'm going to talk about today is pens, pencils, highlighters, and all sort of writing equipment. Including font.

When I was teen, I loved to type in fancy fonts. I would write entire novels in fancy colours. I would write in script so cursive that I had to squint to see what it said. But my goal was to make it beautiful no matter what. OR interesting. Or creative.

And I did the same thing with pens. One of my favorite notebooks had black paper. So I had to write in it with these colourful, merky-inked pens that made the entire thing look something like a chalkboard. Though a whole lot neater.

But nowadays, my style has changed and I find that I like writing in PERFECTLY NORMAL FONT and in PERFECTLY NORMAL COLOURS. Unless I have writers block, because then a little pink goes a long way toward encouraging me to write down some new words.

How do you like to write?

No comments:

Post a Comment