Friday, March 30, 2012

The Quiet Weeks

Trying to be published means many quiet weeks when you hear absolutely nothing from potential agents, publishers, editors. It means a lot of time in my head wondering if I'm doing the right thing or if perhaps I should focus all my time and attention saving the world from potential environment disaster as I already do in my day job. (BTW - potentially is the word of the day). To distact myself from the quietness, I went on an epic roadtrip last weekend with my husband. We drove over 3000 km down to Rapid City and I saw Mount Rushmore for the first time. The best part of the trip was staying in hotels which had waterparks. The best of which was Wa-tiki in RC, where they have two tube slides, one which races down into a big toilet bowl and the other which passes under mini-waterfalls and pitchblack tunnels. The second best part was seeing Devil's Tower in Wyoming - so beautiful. And third it was just amazing to get out and GO SOMEWHERE I'VE NEVER GONE BEFORE. The other good thing was that it got me to NOT think about writing - something I think I was in desperate need of taking a break from. But now I'm ready to go back, to dive in and work on whatever takes my fancy instead of working on what I think may earn me some money in the future. I have a day job, it pays well. Today I saved a city from a diesel spill (well not really but at least I was there). So I'm ready to go back to writing just for fun, beginning with four dragons, three old crows, and maybe some turn of the century gothic adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment