Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Day Late

I got to work today and realized I forgot to blog yesterday. I'll forgive myself this one since yesterday was a bit drama filled for me. I've discovered that finding an agent is very difficult - even once they're interested. It's a much more political game, a lot about who you know, who you are, and what you can do. I feel like there is some testing involved as well - rewrites before signing, exclusive submissions, and just how to figure out the best order of querying in the first place? This industry is definitely filled with nooks and crannies, covered with cobwebs, and filled with hidey-holes and secret treasure. It's hard to find the information you need sometimes, but if you look hard, you'll eventually find it bound to the web somehwere. My lesson of yesterday is patience. I am not a patient person, and now I realize I'm going to have to be if I ever want to get somewhere - though the 'getting somewhere' part likely means another 3-4 years at least. Which brings me back to the most important fact of writing: always write for yourself, make it fun, because that is the essence of creativity. That said, looks like I have another couple of months of waiting, months and months of rewriting, and then hopefully - one day - a celebration. For now, I think I will return to loving my WIP, which is yet to be named.

No comments:

Post a Comment