Friday, October 30, 2015

What I'm Reading: How to Love

How to Love by Katie Cotugno

I loved the first chapter of this book. The first time I read it (in a book store), I was sucked right in.  Eventually, I borrowed this book from my public e-library.



After the first chapter, however, the book somehow became less.The narrative became a little repetitive, the actions of the characters also seemed to repeat themselves. The main character seemed to grow very little, and the "Before" and "After" alternating chapters were difficult to differentiate, making it easy to forget where I was whenever I put the book down.  What kept me reading was wanting to know if they would end up together. If that's your kind of mystery, then you might enjoy this story. The book was well written, and an easy, fast paced read, but part of me was wishing for a main character who wasn't so taken in by the "bad boy".

3.5/5 Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment