Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Getting and ITIN in Canada - Part 3

Good News!

I received my letter from Smashwords in less than a week.  It took longer to get the certified copies of my passport.  But I just picked those up today.  I've finished filling out form W-7 (which seemed pretty straightforward, so hopefully I did it right).  There were good instructions on the IRS website, and I'm pretty good at reading so.....time to mail the whole thing off!  I will be heading out to my local post office soon, just need to make myself a copy of the whole thing for my records.  Then, according to the IRS website, I should hear back from them in approximately 6 weeks with my ITIN and then goodbye tax-withholding!  I look forward to those days.

If you missed part one of my post on obtaining an ITIN, you can find it here.

Here's a picture of the Smashwords letterhead, and also of the cool stamp that came on the envelope.  Nothing better than a bright, colourful stamp, I think:



Also, Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch is now available on multiple retailer websites.  Here is a screenshot of my book up on CreateSpace, where you can order your very own paperback copy of Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch.  I've recently tweaked the cover of the print edition, changing the font and turning the writing red.  Doesn't it POP so much more now?  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment