Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Going Camping

It's been a long and mostly productive summer.  And as it comes to an end it's time for one more trip. A camping trip!  I love camping, though I haven't spent a night in a tent in at least two years.  And after the beautiful northern light display in my backyard last night, I feel like I don't need to go camping.  I sat on my deck for a half hour watching the Aurora Borealis dance through the sky.  I hadn't observed nature like that for a long time.  It was cold out, and I was only in my pyjamas.  My cat moved around me, loving being outside in the dark.  It was a gorgeous night in the city.



But there is just something so peaceful about being in the woods.  I'm excited to feel that grounding back to the earth.  To feel my body move lower, closer to the ground, closer to real, closer to depth.  I'm excited to open up a notebook, click my pen, and write something new.  What will you be doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment