Monday, February 22, 2016

What I'm Reading: Apple and Rain

A YA Book Review

Apple and Rain by Sarah Crossan

This is on I borrowed from my ebook Library. I liked the simple cover and the refreshing title but didn't really know what it was about. I was guessing love story, but that was more or less wrong (though there was a little bit of love). Mostly it's about Apple finding her place in the world when her Mom returns after abandoning her as a child.



I really liked this book. I thought the character of Apple was well done, and that of the Mother and Rain. I did think that the Grandmother could have been given a bit more motivation. But overall, a caring and heartwarming coming of age story. Beautifully written and very entertaining. The main character is only 14, so it falls into a bit of a lower age category, but I think any teen would really enjoy living through this characters struggle with self.

4/5 Stars (I really need to come up with some cool pictures for my rating system).

Have you read this book? What did you think?

Other Book Reviews:


J. E. Hunter is the author of the Black Depths Series. Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch, and Black Depths, the first two books of the series can be found on AmazonKoboiBooksBarnes and Noble, and Smashwords. The third book, Dark Shores, will be released March 28th, 2016. The fourth and last book of the Black Depths series will be released by the end of 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment