Saturday, January 2, 2016

What I'm Reading: Princess Leia, And Watching: Star Wars - The Force Awakens

I'll proudly say it: I love Star Wars. I'm a huge fan and have been since before I can remember. As a child, I loved acting out the scene from Star Wars A New Hope where Princess Leia is stunned by the stormtroopers. I acted it out over and over again, until eventually I outgrew it. Now I'm an adult, and parents no longer control how much time I spend in front of my television or computer, so I'm free to watch the movies whenever I want (yes, my father did actually ban me from watching Star Wars as a child because he'd seen it too many times). But, over the fast few years, I hadn't watched the old movies as much. Honestly, I no longer needed to, because I had every moment memorized. So, imagine how thrilled I was for a new Star Wars movie. Naturally, I saw The Force Awakens on opening day.

I loved it.'

I wasn't head over heals in love with it. But I loved it.

That's all you need for a review of that.

So, after I'd seen the movie, and felt that yawning stretch of another year before I get another new Star Wars movie, I found this: a Princess Leia comic.



I devoured it. I loved it. I loved how it stayed so true to the character and yet brought in new depth for her. I loved the artwork. I loved the cover. I loved it all. If you're like me, and grew up idolizing Princess Leia, and you just can't get enough: read it. 5/5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment