Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Language Pet Peeves

This is kind of a rant, so if you're not in the mood, click "Next Blog" at the top of this page...


On the radio the other day, as I was driving my son to daycare, there was a song.  Not surprising since it was the radio.  It was early, I wasn't really listening, but then, like nails on a blackboard, some lyrics struck out at me. 

Cheap perfume.

Is it just me? Am I an idiot?  Because I don't feel there is one smell for cheap perfume.  I have no idea what this would smell like.  Also, I'm pretty sure I've smelt cheap perfumes that smell pretty darn good.  And make me sneeze less than the expensive ones.  So is this a good thing or a bad thing?

This is - for sure - the exact kind of writing all my books and courses and mentors have taught me to avoid.  So it just bugs me.

At least I didn't read it in a book, because that think would have been dropped off at the book exchange bin immediately!  (And only because I would never burn a book!)

End Rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment