Thursday, December 4, 2014

GoodKindles Posting and Self-Publishing Marketing Update

So I figured out what I did wrong with GoodKindles:  Unlike kBoards,  GoodKindles requires you to send your own right up of your book, and they request that it be different than the blurb already on Amazon.  Since I didn't send that in with my payment, they were waiting on me.  Guess I should finishing reading the instructions....

This reminds me of an exercise we did in my grade four class.  The teacher handed out a surprise test.  Kids moaned, complained, tried to get out of it.  I took the paper, looked at the top, did a question, and then my eyes drifted back to the top.  It read:  Instructions:  1.  Read all instructions first.  2.  Use only pencil.  3.  Print all your answers.  4.  You do not have to do this test.

Yep.

Remember: instructions are important.  Especially in Self-Publishing marketing, apparently.

But, the good news is, the blurb for Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch should be up on GoodKindles tomorrow.  This is an except from the confirmation email I finally received:

     Hello,

     thank you very much. We have received your book submission. 
     It will be approved and will appear on Goodkindles in about 
     6-24 hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment