Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Latest Self-Publishing Update

I'm going to be honest: I'm a terrible marketer.  Amazon Kindle Self-Publishing is not working for me.  Does anyone even see my books? I'm beginning to think not.

I had the opportunity at WWC 2014 the other week to sit in on a few SP sessions.  What I learnt is mostly what I already know: marketing is extremely important.  I also learnt a few tricks I can try, most of which will cost me money so I'm going to avoid that route for a bit longer.

I'm a bit disappointed with Amazon.  I feel like when I buy something from that site, such as a copy of The Lion King for my son, I get sent an email request asking me to rate the seller.  I have never been sent a request asking me to rate a product though, which means that I am relying on readers to come back on their own accord and rate my book.  Thank you to those that have!  Maybe this is a suggestion I should send to Amazon instead of gripping about it on my blog.

On to more things, but don't forget: if you love romance, love, magic, mermaids, witches and tragedy, try Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch today!

No comments:

Post a Comment