Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Round 1 Results

I made it!

Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch made it through the first round of the 2014 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards!  Oh, happy, happy day.  There is a long path ahead yet - the next round of entrants isn't announced until mid-April - which means a lot of time to focus on The Other Writing Projects (TOWP).

Which leads to more good news!  The next chapter of Testers will be released today.  This afternoon my time, to be exact.  Once I find myself comfortably settled in a local coffee shop and get through a final round of editing with a large cup of tea.  Then it's off on the rough draft of the chapter for next week.

Currently, I'm working on a short story draft that I'm going to get some help with from the local writer in residence - Thank you very much!  And I have a bunch of editing to do on my 2013 NaNoWriMo project.

And numerous other projects that I work on as the mood strikes.

The last thing for today is to celebrate the small achievements.  I'm thinking an extra donut at the coffee house.  Click the link below to see the list of complete round 1 winners of the ABNAs.  Congratualtions to everyone who made it, and to those that had the courage enter.

http://www.amazon.com/Breakthrough-Novel-Award-Books/b?ie=UTF8&node=332264011


No comments:

Post a Comment