Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Stick This

When it comes to writing, there are many required tools, such as paper and pen, but there are also many additional tools, which may not be required but that add a lot to the creative process - at least mine.  Currently, I'm working on edits to my Young Adult novel Tales of a Redheaded Sea-Witch.  My required editing tool is a red, purple, or pink pen.  My favourite is purple.  Some preferred editing tools are sticky notes, paper clips, highlighters, and a trash bin.  That last is actually a lie.  I'm a hoarder of manuscripts.  I keep each and every copy of every novel and novel version that I write.  Seriously. I'm running out of room.  And if I ever get the kind of time to be the writer I want to be, I'm going to have to buy an entire house just to have a place to put the masses of paper.  And no, I cannot do all my editing electronically, just like I can't read everything electronically.  I love paper.  I surround myself with paper.  I found these sticky notes at Chapters, and was thrilled to see two of my favourite things come together: paper and paris.  These sticky notes are heaven, they actually make me look forward to the most-dreaded task of editing.  What kind of writing tools do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment