Thursday, September 22, 2011

Eight and a Half Weeks, Vegas, a Wedding, and Greece

I survived a week in an air-walker boot on the crazy, busy neon streets of Las Vegas. Walking to from Treasure Island to the Bellagio was no easy feat after already have wandered randomly around the strip for a few hours, but other than a pounding left heal and bruises on my left shin from the hard plastic casing, I was pretty pain free. Forgetting, of course, that I also have a broken toe on my right foot that liked the walking less than my recently repaired Achilles.
Now's the big test: my wedding tomorrow. I've been practicing walking in boots - normal boots - and other than a slow-step and a limpy gait, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get by. Although the walking boot is definitely going back on my feet after supper so that I can enjoy a few drinks, and also the traditional dance.
Following the wedding, I have a few days to short stuff out before seeing my surgeon prior to flying to Europe. Everything looks okay to me so hopefully he agrees. I really don't want to have to worry about my Achilles for three weeks in Europe. I just want to sit in cafes and get some writing and reading done. My latest interest is Zombies - end-of-the-world-virus anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment